Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Last Few Days...

Last few days here at our farm have been splendid. Landon has officially declared his secret hideaway. Kingston and I were allowed to come see it based on the promise that we tell no one. He he!



We went to our first official Homeschool Coop, not really a coop but get together and socialize play day. We had a great time, made new friends and can't wait to go back next week. Thank you to our local librarian and feed store friends for making the connection.


Nursing our greens daily. We now have Mesclun, Lettuce, Turnips, Radishes and Kohl Rabi sprouted. I forgot to pick up the rest of the seeds we need to finish our planting but hopefully I will remember next trip.


Turnips
Mesclun



Radishes

We rented a space at The Factory in Farmington, MO to sell our homemade goods! We are completely excited! The people were so nice, helpful and welcoming. I believe we have the best booth location that you can have there!!! I will keep you posted on this!


We had our weekly library trip.


Grandpa T. along with the girls break out of their inside pens every other day it seems, so we are leaving them in communal living until we get Grandpa T's Casa built. Also, after much learning about goat breeding first hand this year. I hope that the goat love was successful.  We will know in about two more weeks, no heat = babies. Will keep you posted on this as well!


What is this gorgeous greenery that you see growing in the ground you ask? Well my friends that is our green manure, red and yellow clover. Soil building at its finest!


I had lunch with a long time friend of mine yesterday. It was nice. The conversation took me through an array of emotions, only to secure the everyday grateful feeling that I have for choosing to live my life, our family's life, the way we do. Simple, off the land, homeschooled, self-employed. Just a lot of fresh air and room to be ourselves. I love it! Makes Me smile!

Hope you have a magical and peaceful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment