Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

                                                                    Fresh Maple Syrup

                                                                   The Castle



This morning I woke up to the excitement of my husband's first maple syrup experiment. He was up until 1 am boiling down the sap, and let me tell you it was the best I have ever had. He was so excited! So, so, so many things in the works right now. Maple Syrup being one of them, we just found out a couple of days ago that we are going to be able to afford a greenhouse!!!! I am so stoked! I can not wait hopefully within the month we will have it here, up and running. We fixed fence posts today, hard hard manual labor. Grandma wanted to hang out with her boys for a couple hours so I went out to help dig post holes. Not easy, I find myself more useful in the dragging brush department. Post hole digging is intense, I am glad Steve enjoys doing it, I enjoy being his sidekick in adventures like these. We measured out areas for the garden plots this year, I can not wait to plant! Last week I categorized everything by planting date, inside or outside, March, April or May. This will be a year of many firsts. I can't wait!  We finally moved Landon's Castle as he likes to call it, and they were excited. Landon had to pose! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment